The legislative started in January, and is a this year’s opportunity for climate legislation in the state. Many different bills are in play, and there is a more complete write-up here on the Seattle Climate Hub. You can also learn more at Climate at the Legislature. We also encourage you to sign up for 350 Washington Civic Action Team updates.
Because this session is remote, it is easy to give testimony.
- Go to https://app.leg.wa.gov/CSIRemote/
- Select either the Senate or House and then the committee and the meeting in the drop downs at the top of the page.
- Select “I would like to submit written testimony” OR “I would like to testify live during the hearing” OR “I would like my position noted for the legislative record” depending on what you want to do
- Fill out the form on the next page
You can also follow along with hearings through TVW
Here is a list of bills we are tracking.
- Clean Fuel Standard ( HB 1091)
- Clean Cars 2030 (HB1204/SB5256)
- Emissions from vehicles associated w/ on-demand transportation services (HB 1075)
- Transportation Budget
- Climate response added to the state’s comprehensive planning framework (HB 1099)
- Land use / housing (HB 1220)
- Healthy Homes & Clean Buildings (SB5093/HB 1084)
- Oppose– Concerning state building code council membership (HB 1150)
Environmental Justice/ Climate Change and Habitat
- Carbon Cap & Invest
- Washington Strong/Green Bonds